Moysés & Pires is comprised of a team of specialized lawyers with background in the main federal, state and municipal infrastructure projects, acting as counsel to both the public and private sectors. Contact us today – let us know how we may assist you.
- Assessment of constitutional, legal and regulatory matters regarding general public law issues;
- Submittal of texts to draft new legal or statutory regulatory framework.
- Assessment of the bidding-related documents;
- Assistance in the Public Hearing and Public Inquiry processes;
- Review of documents published by the contracting government authority during the Public Hearing and Public Inquiry processes;
- Attendance at meetings to discuss project structure, in compliance with the current laws;
- Drafting of questions and suggestions during the Public Hearing and Public Inquiry processes;
- Assessment of the Invitation to Bid and Attachments thereto;
- Drafting of refusals/challenges and motions for clarification, if necessary, as well as assessment of the answers;
- Assistance regarding the drafting of the proposal, focusing on the material legal issues thereof;
- Drafting of administrative appeals;
- Assistance in other phases of the bidding procedure, including, but not limited to, the final negotiations required to execute the government contract.
- Drafting and review of corporate agreements, mainly related to infrastructure projects, such as EPCs in several modalities, and operation and maintenance contracts (O&Md), among others;
- Contract negotiation;
- Implementation of due diligences.
- Advisory about public hearings and public consultations;
- Legal assistance to companies on specific regulatory;
- Assistance in the developing of the model and structuring products;
- Preparation of contracts, legal opinions and answers to consultations involving regulatory matters.
- Drafting and review of corporate documents, such as minutes of shareholders’ and board of directors’ meetings, bylaws and articles of organization and articles of incorporation;
- Drafting and review of shareholder agreements, preliminary contracts, drafts, conditional sale agreement and other business and corporate documents.
- Development of preliminary studies to assess the best legal solution to contract public infrastructure projects;
- Interaction with technical and economic-financial consultants to decide on the premises of the project;
- Assessment and suggestion of legal models suitable for the project, covering the legislative context, risks assessment, legal documents and other relevant matters.
- Assessment of procedural and case documents;
- Supervision of proceedings filed with the Accounting Courts (Tribunais de Contas);
- Filing of suits, motions (such as writs of security/mandamus, writs of prevention and declaratory action), as well as preparation of defense within the scope of the cases.
- Assessment of the applicable legislation;
- Assessment of the main legal matters, as well as other contract-related issues.
Assistance in the structuring of financing transactions with public and private banks, with respect to the following:
- Support in the drafting of the necessary documents for the company’s registration with financial institutions;
- Risk assessment of the transactions and advisory services on the legal matters to assist client in strategic decisions;
- Drafting of the necessary agreements to formalize the financing transactions and negotiation of clauses on collateral and securities required to obtain funding; and
- Monitoring of agreements, registration of transactions, and delivery and grant of securities and collateral.
- Assessment of general tax issues applicable to infrastructure projects;
- Assessment of tax impact on the formulation of bidding proposals or in review of government contracts.
Rua Joaquim Floriano, 413, 12º andar, Itaim Bibi | Zip Code: 04534-011, São Paulo/SP, Brazil Phone/Fax: +55 (11) 3079-7926